UV rays damage your skin but also your eyes...
... Protect them – all year long.
- UV rays are invisible and painless, but harmful all year long.
- Everyone is exposed to UV light
- No amount of Ultraviolet is good for eye health.
- 40% of UV light reaches us when we are not in full sunlight!
Day after day UV rays damage your skin…
- Ultraviolet rays accelerate skin aging and appearance of wrinkles.
- A recognized cause of skin cancers, particularly damaging the eye periphery.
- 90% of skin cancers occur on the face and neck, with 5 to 10% on the eyelids!
…but also your Eyes!
- Ultraviolet rays have a direct and cumulative impact on your eyes.
- Accelerate eye aging, and appearance of cataracts cause long-term reversible and irreversible damages to your vision.
In terms of UV protection, all clear lenses are not equal.
Essilor created the Eye-Sun Protection Factor, to help you choose the right protection for your eyes.